Welcome to the fourth annual Nordic Privacy Arena
Welcome to two full days with keynotes, panel discussions and a dinner with a special guest speaker.
When: September 23-24 2019
Where: Münchenbryggeriet, Torkel Knutssonsgatan 2, Stockholm
|DP Forum Member||SEK 4700 excl. VAT|
|Non-member||SEK 6600 excl. VAT|
All prices are exclusive of VAT. Non-members are eligible for discounts after applying for membership.
Ticket price includes morning coffees, lunches, dinner Monday night and refreshments during breaks. Vegetarian and vegan food will be served throughout the conference. If you have special dietary requirements, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference will be held entirely in English.
- Alexander Hanff, CEO, ThinkPrivacy
- Albine Vincent, Head of Data Protection Officers Department, CNIL
- Anders Ygeman, Minister for Energy and Digital Development, Sweden
- Anne-Marie Eklund-Löwinder, Chief Information Security Officer, The Internet Infrastructure Foundation
- Anne Kaun, Associate Professor, Södertörn University
- Daniel Akenine, National Technology Officer, Microsoft
- Daniel Westman, Independent Advisor
- Elisabeth Jilderyd, Lawyer and International Coordinator, The Swedish Data Protection Authority
- Fahima Adem, Founder, Juristpodden
- Gabor Sebastiani, Digital Risk Officer, The Swedish Public Employment Office
- Lars Frösslund, Senior Advisor, Frösslund & Far
- Lena Lindgren Schelin, Director General of the Swedish Data Protection Authority
- Katarina Tullstedt, Head of Unit, The Swedish Data Protection Authority
- Marit Hansen, Data Protection Commissioner, Schleswig-Holstein
- Matti Suominen, Lead Security Consultant, Nixu Corporation
- Mattias Gotthold, Data Protection Offficer, Luleå Municipality
- Michaela Angonius, Group DPO, Telia Company
- Peter Fleischer, Global Privacy Counsel, Google
- Peter Schaar, Chairman of the European Academy for Freedom of Information and Data Protection
- Reijo Aarnio, Data Protection Ombudsman, Finland
- Shaun Reardon, Consultant, Transcendent Group
- Tobias Bräutigam, Senior Counsel, Bird & Bird
- Ultan O’Carroll, Assistant Data Protection Commissioner, Ireland
- Viktoria Wastenson, Senior Legal Counsel, Trygg-Hansa
- Wojciech Wiewiórowski, Assistant Supervisor, EDPS
Monday 23 September
08:00-09:00 Registration and coffee
09:10-09:40 Opening keynote: Privacy 2020-2030 – What’s at stake?
09:40-10:00 News update
10:00-10:30 Controllers and processors – How come this isn’t clear cut?
11:00-11:20 Keynote: Lena Lindgren Schelin, The Swedish Data Protection Authority
11:20-12:00 Enforcement and sanctions
12:00-12:30 International data transfers
13:30-14:00 Keynote: Marit Hansen, Data Protection Commissioner, Schleswig-Holstein
14:00-14:30 How to create a privacy culture
15:00-15:30 Keynote: Peter Fleischer, Global Privacy Counsel, Google
15:30-16:00 Platforms and democracy
16:30-17:00 Facial recognition technologies
17:00-18:15 Drinks and live podcast
18:15-22:00 Dinner with a special guest speaker
Tuesday 24 September
08:00-09:00 Registration and coffee
09:00-09:30 Profiling and algorithmic decision making
09:30-10:00 Insurance companies and AI
10:00-10:20 GDPR compliance work – case 1
11:00-11:30 Cloud services and procurement
11:30-12:00 Health data and information security
12:00-12:30 GDPR compliance work – case 2
13:30-14:00 Q&A with Anders Ygeman, Minister of digital development
13:00-14:30 E-evidence and data retention
14:30:15:00 Predictive policing
15:30-16:30 Reflections and forward looking panel
16:30-16:40 Closing remarks
The program is subject to change.
The Data Protection Forum is a non-profit organisation established in 2012. Currently it has five local regional communities in different counties in Sweden. The Forum regularly arranges seminars and training days. We provide the Swedish DPA and other regulators with input and give opinions on proposed legislation to the Swedish government. The board consists of ten well-reputed privacy professionals from various industries and public-sector bodies.
Frida Panoussis – www.fridarit.com
Jens Reiterer – www.jensdesign.se
Get in touch
Feel free to email us any questions to email@example.com.
Join the discussion at #NordicPrivacyArena.
Refunds and cancellation policy
Tickets are non-refundable. We do not provide refunds for orders that are cancelled or if the ticket holder does not show up for the event.
Tickets are transferable. If you wish to transfer your ticket to another person, please contact the administration at firstname.lastname@example.org to change the registered name no later than Wednesday, September 18th 2019.
Photography and video
Highlights from previous conferences
Professor Joe Cannataci, special privacy rapporteur for the United Nations, professor Marc Rotenberg, president Electronic Privacy Information Center, professor Cecilia Magnusson Sjöberg, Stockholm university, and member of the European Parliament Max Andersson on privacy legislation.
Finn Myrstad, director at the Norwegian Consumer Council, on connected toys, smartwatches, dating apps and privacy.
Panel discussion on AI, transparency and privacy with Per Meyerdierks (Google), Mikael Haglund (IBM), Rebecka Cedering Ångström (Ericsson) and Stanley Greenstein (Stockholm University).
Safe Cities – keynote by Gemma Gordon Clavell, founder of Eticas Research and Consulting and finalist for the EU Prize for Women Innovators 2017.
Online advertising – What’s wrong and how do we fix it? Keynote by Raegan MacDonald, head of EU public policy, Mozilla.