EU Data Protection Officer
Location: Stockholm (or in the vicinity of)
Job type: External (freelance) and part-time role on service contract
Required relevant experience: 7+ years
Languages: EN + SV
Our client, a US-based international company with corporate offices in 15 counties and business operations across more than 150, is looking to engage an experienced data protection professional in the EU who will support the compliance efforts of its legal entities which will be subject to the upcoming privacy regulation.
Working very closely with all stakeholders in Europe and the US, the job holder will perform all tasks as required by the GDPR in the capacity of an official Data Protection Officer (‘DPO’) for these entities.
This external DPO role is offered on a part-time basis and 3 days/week availability is required.
Applicants must be established as an independent contractor with the ability to work on the basis of a service contract (freelance/independent) and in own home-office structure. Immediate availability to start (or with a short notice) is also required.
Preference will be given to those applicants who are currently based in Stockholm or who can travel to Stockholm frequently and at quick notice when necessary.
- Master’s degree in relevant studies. Candidates with further studies in EU data protection and certifications will be preferred (e.g. CIPP/E).
- Strong understanding of the EU data protection legislative framework (including but not limited to the GDPR)
- 7+ years of operational experience in European privacy within international data-driven businesses
- Experience must include working as Data Protection or Privacy Officer with multiple countries in scope and working with the European DPAs
- Working knowledge of IT security and data protection controls; working knowledge of database parameters and formats
- Proven experience in working with cross-border teams; flexibility for frequent travel internationally within the EU and to the US, as needed
- Ability to work autonomously and under minimum supervision
- Business fluency in English and Swedish
- Confident personality with excellent communication, presentation and advocacy skills
- Ability to distill complex legal requirements into understandable language and actionable business items
- Cooperative and consultative approach
- Ability to work and communicate tactfully with all levels of the organization and with external parties when necessary
- Ability to find pragmatic solution to business issues and to provide concise and business-focused compliance advice.
Application via DPO Network Europe